Monday, November 1, 2010

Saturdays, Part II

Tree "before"
When I wrote my last Saturday post there was one more tree in our front yard that we wanted taken down. The tree has been half dead for the past several years, and since we were going to have stumps removed from the back yard, we figured now would be a good time to take this one down too. That way we can get all the stumps removed at the same time.

Well, we ran out of time and daylight when we did all the other yard work, so it didn't get taken down. This past Saturday was the first one since then that we didn't have anything else to do, so down the tree came!
Thank you to all who came and helped - Dad, Jared, Michael, and David! David and Michael skipped out mid-afternoon, but the rest of them worked until around 7:00 p.m. when it was too dark to see anything else. The poor guys started out the day working in the rain. Thankfully that stopped around noon and I think they were able to dry out by the time they were finished. Dad even squeezed in a little more power washing by cleaning our shed and driveway.
We had the stumps dug out this week, so now we have no trees or stumps in the backyard and are missing one tree/stump from the front.
Tim and I are going to get an Autumn Blaze Maple for the back yard and one for the front yard! I'm sure I'll post pictures when that happens!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look those up. I've been looking at smaller trees for our front yard. I'm thinking a weeping cherry tree, but I also love the japanese maples.

    ReplyDelete