Since I had Monday, October 10th off for Columbus Day, and since Tim and I haven't been able to spend much time together lately we decided to spend most of the day relaxing and enjoying each other's company.
We started out the day with a nice breakfast out at the Honey-Jam Cafe. A lovely lady from church had given us a gift card here for Christmas which we'd never used and figured it was about time to do that.
![]() | |
| Before Coffee |
![]() | |
| After Coffee |
After breakfast we ran some errands and then drove to a local forest preserve. The weather was absolutely beautiful. The temperature was around 70 degrees so it wasn't too hot or too cold. There was a nice breeze and hardly any clouds in the sky. We enjoyed a short hike and then found a nice tree to lay a blanket by and Tim read us a ghost story while I listened and knit! Here are some pictures from our day:
![]() | |
| Our reading spot |







This day of yours sounds absolutely heavenly and I am a bit jealous. I'm glad you made that time for each other. I love the before and after pics of Tim. Funny!
ReplyDeleteMary
Sounds like you all had a wonderful day! Tim, you crack me up!!!! You are your mother's son when it comes to your coffee addiction. LOL Was hoping to see some "baby belly" pics though. We need an update. After all the next time we see you all Melissa won't have a belly anymore!
ReplyDelete-Tiff and Jarid
So glad you had the day together, even though I was sitting by the phone all day awaiting the promised call....JK! So we like our coffee....there are worse things I could do. I wish we had seen a pic of Mel too....Tim is his father's son...never leaves home without the brief case!!! :)
ReplyDelete