Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas time is always a very busy time for us and this year was no different. I finished up school with my last two days being December 20th and 21st. Tim and I enjoyed a nice brunch with the entire church staff on Wednesday the 22nd. I spent practically all day Thursday doing laundry and wrapping gifts and discovered in the evening that a spraying sound that I'd heard most of the day wasn't from the washing machine, but from a leak in our dishwasher! There was water all over the side of the dishwasher and under our fridge. Thankfully our neighbor who is a plumber was able to come over and diagnose the problem for us.

Christmas Eve started off right by waking up to snow which continued ALL day! It was beautiful! We got together with my family on Christmas Eve morning. We started with opening stockings and then enjoyed a few sweet rolls before we got down to the giving of gifts. Below are a few pictures of that time.


 That afternoon while Tim was getting ready for the 4:00 service at church our neighbor came back over and fixed the problem with our dishwasher! Thank you, Jeff! Christmas Eve evening was spent at church. Tim had planned a beautiful Lessons and Carols service that was such a nice reminder of the entire story of Christ.

Christmas day was nice and relaxing. Tim and I were able to get up and have a nice breakfast before exchanging gifts with each other. We then spent the rest of the day packing and enjoying some of the new gifts we had received.

Sunday morning we packed up the car, headed to the first service at church and then drove to Lansdale, PA. After 12 hours of driving (the last stretch through a snow storm) we arrived at Mary and Jeremy's house where they were kind enough to let us stay with them through Thursday morning. Monday was spent relaxing and going to the family party at Aunt Janet's. Tuesday was the Christmas day for Tim's side of the family. Everyone came to Mary and Jeremy's and we spent most of the day together. Wednesday was spent visiting Tim's cousin Craig and Dan and Geniene's family. Thursday morning Tim and I packed up the car and headed to Harrisburg where we spent the remainder of the day visiting Tiffany and brand new little Annabelle Glory. Jarid joined us after work and we had a nice dinner out with them. Then Friday we again packed up the car and headed home!


We had a nice time visiting family, but it was wonderful to get back home and sleep in our own bed.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the one of Tim holding Annabelle. Busy Christmas indeed! Thanks for sharing. ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! You forgot to mention that you visited with Angela as well though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little baby girl is so dang cute! I can't stand it! ~ Jeremy

    ReplyDelete