Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Miscellany and Days Off

Here's a collection of things that Tim and I have done recently that I didn't have time to post separately.

Medieval Times! Has anyone else ever gone? It's a lot of fun. You go to a castle - yes, a castle - and enjoy a dinner and a show. You eat the meal with your hands similar to medieval times (hence the name) and watch a show complete with knights and horses and a jousting match. Quite exciting. We took Jana and Michael with us as part of their Christmas gift. Unfortunately we didn't have the camera with so no pictures from the evening.

Do any of you watch The Dog Whisperer? It's really a fascinating show, in my opinion. Well, The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan, came to theater near us recently, and Tim and I and Jana decided to get tickets and go see what it was like. It was wonderful! He is so funny and so sensible about how to interact and take care of dogs. The first hour of the show was Cesar just talking. He gave a short background of where he came from and how he got to where he is now, and then talked about what he does with his show and with his clients. The second half was a question and answer. This part got a little long since some people listen to what he has to say and yet don't really comprehend it and so ask silly questions. Overall it was a really nice show. I would definitely go again if I had the opportunity.

President's Day! I love days off! I spent this day off relaxing and knitting as I did last month for Martin Luther King, Jr Day. My mom, Jana and I went to my aunt's house this time and enjoyed food, fellowship, and knitting/crocheting! I am blessed to have family in the area who love to get together and have fun. Here are some pictures of the different people who were in attendance and their projects.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, my blanket is just beautiful! I like how many times my name was mentioned by the way :)

    ReplyDelete